- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/4 cup
Steep a handful of fresh Thai basil leaves in this recipe for simple syrup. It provides a hint of color and enjoyable aroma.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup firmly packed Thai basil leaves without stems
- Place the sugar and water into a saucepan and boil until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Put the Thai basil leaves into a blender, process until finely chopped and then transfer to the saucepan with the simple syrup. Stir well to combine and then set the mixture aside for 15 minutes to steep.
- Transfer the mixture back to the blender and carefully puree until smooth. Pour the basil syrup into a clean, airtight container and set aside to cool. Strain the syrup prior to using.