- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr 30 min
- Total: 4 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6-8
Say, "Yee Haw!" to this incredibly tender and flavorful Texas Style Brisket with a zesty sauce.
- For Sauce: 2 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1, 5-7 pound beef brisket
- Make Sauce: Combine all the ingredients except the brisket and the liquid smoke. Cook until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Brush both sides of the brisket with liquid smoke.
- Reserve 2 cups of the prepared sauce and spread the rest to coat evenly over the brisket.
- Cover the brisket tightly with foil and bake at 250 degrees F for 4 hours or until tender.
- Serve on crusty rolls with coleslaw and pickles.