- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr 55 min
- Total: 5 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
This Texas stew recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser.
- 2 pounds beef tips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1-10 oz can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-8 oz jar mild picante sauce
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- In a crock pot combine all ingredients except flour and water.
- Cover and cook on high setting 3 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl mix together flour and water.
- Stir into meat mixture and cook on high setting for 55 minutes.