- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 7 servings
A great weeknight dinner dish for all the cowboys in your family, both young and old.
- 8 ounces smoked sausage links, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) black beans, rinsed
- Shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the sausage and cook, turning once, for 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the onions into the pan, cover and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the barbecue sauce, syrup, water and vinegar and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the beans and the sausage to the pan, cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, stirring often.
- Ladle the mixture into bowls and serve hot topped with shredded cheddar cheese.