- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4
Swordfish is a dense textured fish and is great for kabobs.
- 1 pound swordfish steaks, cut 1 inch cubes
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small red or green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- Cut swordfish into 1 inch pieces.
- Remove and discard any skin or bones, cover and set aside.
- Strain the pineapple over a small bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the juice into a bowl and stir in they soy sauce, oil, sesame seeds and ginger.
- Place the swordfish into a bag and pour the ingredients into the bag and seal, place in the refrigerator for 40 to 50 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
- Spray the rack of a broiling pan with no-stick spray.
- Drain the swordfish well and discard the marinade.
- Thread the swordfish, pineapple chunks and pepper pieces onto metal skewers, leaving a small space between the pieces.
- Place the kabobs on the broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.