- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 People
Show your heart you care, try this terrific, heartwarming recipe for teriyaki salmon with gingered vegetables, loaded with heart-healthy omega-3s, folic acid and whole grains.
Courtesy of the USA Rice Federation
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh salmon fillets, cut in 6 pieces
- 3 tablespoons low-fat olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 3 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans* or diagonally sliced snow peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In shallow bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup of green onions and 3/4 teaspoon ginger; place salmon fillets in teriyaki mixture and marinate 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. In a large bowl, combine dressing and remaining ginger; add hot rice, edamame beans, carrots, and remaining green onions; toss well. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove salmon from marinade; grill or pan sear salmon over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side, drizzling with 1 tablespoon of marinade, until cooked through but moist and tender; discard remaining marinade. Serve salmon with rice mixture.
- If desired, serve with steamed broccoli.
- *Edamame beans may be found in the produce section or freezer case of your grocery store.