- Prep: 1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr 15 min
- Total: 9 hr 20 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A sweet and savory pineapple and flank steak slow cooker dinner with rice.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak cut into 7-8 individual steaks
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice from can
- 1 tablespoon marinade for chicken
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspon ground ginger
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup rice
- 3/4 cup water
- Mix together the pineapple juice, marinade, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger. Add the steaks to the mixture and marinate for 1 hour. Drain and discard.
- Combine the chicken broth, rice and water in a greased slow cooker. Place the steaks over top.
- Cook covered for 8-10 hours on low. Add the pineapple slices and cook for 15 additional minutes.