- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Although the tequila sunrise cocktail was popular in the 80s, it was actually concocted during the Prohibition era.
- 1-1/2 ounces white tequila, iced
- 4 ounces cold, fresh orange juice
- Dash of grenadine
- Slice of orange
- Place a highball glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Pour the tequila into the prepared glass followed by the orange juice.
- Carefully add the grenadine so that it floats on top of the other ingredients. Garnish the cocktail with the orange slice and serve immediately.