- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
A Mexican favorite! Serve Tequila Lime Fajitas right from the skillet with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings like guacamole, salsa, cheese and sour cream. Can be made with chicken, shrimp or steak.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of sliced chicken breast (medium-sized shrimp or sliced steak)
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 shot of tequila
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. Add chicken (shrimp or steak) and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the peppers, onions and garlic and continue to saute for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add tequila, balsamic vinegar and lime juice. Cook one minute then throw in the cilantro.