- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Tea is a surprising flavor that works beautifully with poached apples. Try this tea poached apples recipe for dessert at your next dinner party.
- 2 cups water
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or another sweetener
- 2 large firm apples, peeled, halved lengthwise, core
- 8 dried apricot halve
- 4 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- Boil water in a medium pot and add tea bags. Take pot off of heat, cover pot, and let tea steep for 10 minutes. Take tea bags out of pot and discard. Mix in sugar and heat over medium heat until dissolved. Mix in apples, apricots, and cloves. Place a lid on pot and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix in cherries and simmer 1 more minute. Remove fruit with a slotted spoon and continue cooking liquid until it comes to a low boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until mixture has reduced and thickened. When ready to serve, pour liquid over fruit. Serve warm or chilled.