- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Add a twist to hamburger night by making some of these delicious, juicy turkey burgers!
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crumbled into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. milk, any kind
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 20 ounces lean ground turkey meat
- 4 tbsp. finely shredded carrot
- 1 large onion, minced + 1 tbsp. olive oil, sautéed until onion is soft
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole-wheat buns or pita bread, toasted
- Place the whole wheat bread crumbs and milk into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients except whole wheat buns. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Form Turkey mix into 4 (5-ounce) burgers. Cover and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Brush one side of the burgers with the oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook seasoned side down until browned, about 2 minutes. Brush and season the top of the burgers flip and cook until other side is brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer burgers to a baking dish and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the burgers registers 160 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Place the burgers on the buns or in a pita and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with garnish of your choice. (Lettuce, tomato, mustard, ketchup).