- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: Makes 3-4 servings
Taro Roots, also known as saru, are tubers that are frequently substituted with potatoes due to their starchy consistency. Do not eat raw as they can be quite toxic.
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces taro root (from about 1/2 medium taro)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and position your oven racks so they divide the oven into thirds. Grease 2 baking sheets with olive oil.
- Peel the taro root, cut into about 1/16-inch slices and then place on the prepared baking sheets, arranging so the slices do not overlap. Brush the taro root with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the taro in the oven for 12 minutes, swapping the pans halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking, and then remove and set aside to cool prior to serving.