- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 2 people
Crunchy and filling, Tangy Turkey Sandwich with Slaw makes a great lunch for you and a friend. Serve with whole wheat or multi-grain bread, and crunchy deli-style potato chips on the side.
- 1, 8-ounce cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of capers
- 2 teaspoons of chopped gherkin pickles
- 1/8 cup of red onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 slices of whole-wheat or multi-grain bread
- 10 ounces of roast turkey deli meat, sliced thinkly
- Using a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, mustard, capers, gherkins, onion and salt. Refrigerate for 15 minutes (or up to 2 hours) to let all the flavors combine.
- Divide the cucumber mixture between 2 slices of bread. Top each with half the turkey. Add the remaining cucumber slaw and 2 slices of bread.