- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Tangy Sweet and Sour Fish is broiled. Serve on a bed of wild rice pilaf and a side of green beans.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 pounds red snapper or cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- oil for baking pan
- Combine all ingredients except fish and cilantro into a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Add cilantro and mix well. Remove sauce from heat and keep warm.
- Place fish on lightly oiled baking sheet. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat source for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish turns opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Spoon sauce over fish to serve.