- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Serves 12 people
Just enough sweet and tart, Tangy Lemon Squares are a crowd-pleasing dessert.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Combine the flour, powdered sugar and salt. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and pat it down.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, flour and baking powder. Stir in the beaten eggs and lemon peel. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust, and bake for 25 minutes longer.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares to serve.