- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
An amazing appetizer or starter to a 3-course meal, these spicy jumbo shrimp are served with a coconut dipping sauce made with wasabi, ginger and lime.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- In a small saucepan, mix together the coconut milk and the cornstarch and cook over low heat for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside the mixture to cool.
- In the meantime, combine the wasabi paste, the ginger and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in the coconut mixture to the wasabi mixture until well blended.
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat and then stir-fry the shrimp for 2-1/2 minutes. Mix in the soy sauce and garlic and continue to cook for 1 additional minute.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat, pour in the remaining lime juice and toss.
- Transfer the shrimp to a platter, or 4 individual plates, and serve with the dipping sauce.