- Prep: 12 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 12 hr 25 min
- Serving: 8
Tangy Carrot Salad will appeal to picky eaters.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 sweet onions, sliced and rings separated
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1, 10 1/4 ounce can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook carrots in small amount of salted water until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Combine carrots with green pepper and onions in a large bowl. Mix the soup and seasonings thoroughly and pour over vegetables. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Drain carrots and serve.