- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6 Servings
The sweet and citrusy taste of tangerines creates a wonderful contrast to the buttery flavor of the toasted hazelnuts, and the nutty and earthy flavor of the wild rice in this hearty, main dish salad.
- 5 cups wild rice
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- 4 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 4 green onions, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup currants
- large handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions, and then set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, combine the orange juice, oil, vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper in a small bowl, and whisk vigorously until blended.
- Place the cooled rice into a salad bowl, along with the chicken, hazelnuts, tangerines, onion and currants. Pour the dressing over the mixture and then toss to coat. Serve garnished with the chopped, fresh parsley.