- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
These are the breads which are very nutritious and famous in Northern India.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup soya flour
- 1 tsp crumbled fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil
- Take a bowl and add whole wheat flour, soya flour, yeast, sugar, fenugreek leaves, garlic and salt in it.
- Add water and knead it to make soft elastic dough.
- Add one teaspoon oil and knead the dough again.
- Cover the kneaded flour with a damp cloth and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Make eight rounded balls out of the dough.
- Sprinkle some dry wheat flour on surface, place a rounded ball of dough on it and flatten it with the help of rolling pin up to a diameter of 5 inches each. Tandoori bread is ready to cook.
- Take a pressure cooker and lightly grease its bottom from inside.
- Turn the cooker upside down and heat it over the flame.
- Apply some water on one side of the Tandoori bread.
- Place it inside the cooker by sticking it to its bottom.
- Cook it by turning the pressure cooker bottom upside down until the bread have brown spots and it peels away easily.
- Serve hot with any vegetable.