- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Marinade for 1-1/2 pounds chicken
Tandoori is a very popular Indian/Pakistani dish that is made with chicken, yogurt and a mix of spices. Serve this dish with white rice or roasted potatoes, and a bottle of Chardonnay.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 turns fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweetened lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely-minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely-minced garlic
- Place all of the ingredients into a large Ziploc bag and seal well.
- Massage the bag to combine all of the ingredients, and then place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and then line a baking sheet with foil.
- Empty the contents of the Ziploc bag onto the prepared baking sheet and then place in the oven for 20 minutes; serve immediately.