- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Canned tamale skillet dinner.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 pound) can beef tamales in sauce
- 1 (1 pound) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can seasoned tomato sauce
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- Cook the onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender. Stir in the sauce from the tamale can along with the corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cheese. Slice the tamales lengthwise. Arrange cut side up in the skillet. Heat to done.
- Serve topped with the olives and remaining cheese.