- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Servings
These sesame seed-sprinkled sticks of marinated cucumber are a great hors devour to serve with chilled martinis at your next cocktail party.
- 3 seedless cucumbers, chilled in the freezer for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- Slice the cucumbers, lengthwise, into eight spears and then crosswise, into sticks.
- Place the sesame oil, vinegar and a few pinches of salt into a bowl and whisk vigorously until blended. Add the sliced cucumbers to the mixture, toss well to coat and then set aside for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- In the meantime, put the sesame seeds, crushed red pepper and 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt into a food processor and pulse the mixture until coarsely chopped.
- Toss the marinated cucumbers with half of the sesame mixture and then place in a serving dish. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seed mixture and then serve immediately.