- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Try something different. Taipei Sweet and Sour Meat Balls go great with white or brown rice.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons green onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1, 8 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 green peppers, sliced thin
- Mix together in a medium bowl, beef, egg, salt, pepper, green onions and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Shape into marble sized meat balls.
- Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and brown the meat balls on all sides. Remove. Add the remaining oil to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, water and pineapple juice. Add to skillet; stir over medium heat until thickened. Add pineapple, green peppers and meat balls. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.