- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A great Italian-inspired dish to serve guests in a pinch, serve with a bottle of Chardonnay.
- 1 pound tagliatelle pasta
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms (shiitakes, creminis, oyster, porcinis, chanterelles), washed and sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions, drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 minute, then add the mushrooms and cook, covered, for an additional 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the thyme and cook for 2 minutes, then add the salt, pepper and the cream and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then pour the sauce into the pot with the pasta and toss to combine with the reserved cooking liquid.
- Serve the pasta garnished with the parsley.