- Prep: 12 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr
- Serving: 8-10 servings
A creamy, taffy, apple and pineapple salad.
- 1 large can pineapple chunks in its own juice (reserve juice)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 red apples, pared
- 2 green apples, pared
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice, and combine with the marshmallows. Place in a covered dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the pineapple juice, flour, sugar, beaten egg, and vinegar until thick. Refrigerate overnight as well.
- The next day, mix the cool whip and dressing together. Fold in the rest of the ingredients. Chill until serving.