- Prep: 6 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 6 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8-10 servings
A sweet and tangy apple salad, reminiscnet of taffy apples!
- 4 cups choped red delicious apples, unpeeled
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Mix together apples, pineapple and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Stir together the cornstarch, sugar, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Heat on low for 1 minute, add in beaten egg. Continue heating until thick. Allow to cool.
- Once the juice mixture is cooled, stir into apple mixture then fold in the cool whip. Chill overnight, for at least 6 hours.