- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
Tabbouleh Salad is a classic Middle Eastern dish made with bulgur, cinnamon, allspice, tomato and parsley. Serve with grilled meats and fish.
- 3 tablespoons fine bulgur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, cored and minced
- 3-1⁄2 cups minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1-1⁄4 cups minced mint leaves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the bulgur and the water into a medium-sized bowl, cover and allow to soak for 12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the bulgur and then place in a salad bowl. Top with the tomatoes, parsley, mint, lemon juice, oil, allspice, cinnamon, scallion and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Toss the mixture well to combine and then serve immediately.