- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
The onions and peppers give the swiss steak a wonderful flavor.
- 1 round steak
- 2 c. flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Cut steak into serving portions.
- Combine flour, salt, and black pepper in medium-size bowl.
- Roll cut steaks in flour mixture, coating both sides. Melt shortening or butter in a hot skillet.
- Brown round steak on both sides, but do not cook. Place in crock pot and add tomato sauce, onion, and green pepper.
- Cook on low for 6 to 12 hours (high up to 6 hours).