- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 15 min
- Serving: 2-4
Swiss Cheese Fondue tastes great on a cold, snowy day in front of a roaring fireplace.
- 1, 8 ounce package Swiss Cheese, shredded or cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Kirsshwasser
- salt and pepper to taste
- cubes of French bread
- Toss the cheese with flour. Rub the inside of a skillet with garlic.
- Pour in wine and heat until bubbles rise. Do not boil
- Add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir constantly, letting cheese melt.
- Continue to stir until mixture bubbles lightly. Stir in seasonings.
- Let bubble while serving. Dip bread into fondue.
- If mixture gets too thick, add a little warmed wine.