- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 3 cups
The tanginess of the Swiss cheese blends beautifully with the spinach and pecans in this delicious spread. Serve with whole-wheat crackers or sesame breadsticks.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted plus 2 tablespoons to garnish
- Mix the cream cheese and the Swiss cheese together in a food processor until smooth, and then add the spinach, garlic, salt and red pepper, and process until creamy and well blended.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil and process until mixed.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the top of the spread with the remaining pecans and serve.