- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 47 min
- Serving: 72 appetizers
Bite-sized appetizers of puff pastry with a ham and Swiss cheese filling.
- 1/2 (17.3-ounce) package (1 sheet) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 ounce (1/2 cup) slice Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup deli ham, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold the pastry sheet onto wax paper, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the egg and the water in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dip a pastry brush into the egg mixture, brush the tops of each pastry, and then sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Place the pastry square into the oven and bake for 10 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, combine the cheese, ham, mayonnaise, mustard and onions in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Once completely cool, cut each pastry square in half with a small knife and fill with 1 teaspoon of the filling.