- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
When September rolls around, which is prime season for ripe and sweet tomatoes, make sure to try this savory tequila-based cocktail blended with muddled cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, Cointreau, lime juice and a habañero chile.
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved plus 2 to garnish
- 10 leaves cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wedge
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of a cocktail glass and then dip the rim in the sea salt to coat.
- Place the tomatoes, cilantro and salt in a cocktail shaker and muddle to form a paste.
- Pour in the tequila, Cointreau and lime juice and then fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for 35 seconds and then double strain into the prepared glass. Serve immediately garnished with the tomatoes.