- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6-8
Sweet Swedish Meatballs are a great appetizer for a hungry crowd. Serve them in a crockpot to keep them piping hot.
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1, 12 ounce jar chili sauce
- 1, 12 ounce jar grape jelly
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan combine chili sauce and grape jelly. Simmer on low heat until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine beef, egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Roll mixture into walnut size balls. Brown meatballs in skillet. Drain off excess fat by placing meatball on paper towels.
- Place meatballs in a baking dish and cover with sauce. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve hot.