- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These crispy and caramelized bread sticks are spiced with a mix of ground cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Serve with a side of chocolate sauce or your favorite jam.
- 2 pocketless pita or naan, cut into 3/4-by-4-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and then line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Put the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt into a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place the pita strips into a bowl and then add the melted butter. Toss to coat and then sprinkle the pita strips with the sugar mixture. Toss once again until evenly coated and then transfer to a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the strips for 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes; serve warm.