- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Colorful, flavorful and simple to make, this vegetable side dish makes a beautiful presentation with any main course meal.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Steam the peas, bell pepper and carrot according to your steamer manual’s suggested cook time, or steam in a steamer basket for about 6 minutes until tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and add the soy sauce, sesame seeds and fresh pepper. Toss to combine and serve.