- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
Halved pecans are first toasted until fragrant and then tossed with butter, sugar, sea salt and paprika, and cooked until caramelized.
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the pecan halves in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the toasted pecans and toss to coat. Stir in the sugar and salt and cook the nuts for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat but continue to stir the mixture for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle in the paprika powder, toss to coat and then allow the nuts to fully cool before serving.