- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 2 cups
Not into salty snacks? Try these sweet pumpkin seeds for a Halloween treat!
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook pumpkin seeds in a medium nonstick skillet with olive oil over medium heat for 10 minutes or until puffed while stirring often. Do not brown! Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine granulated sugar, light brown sugar and paprika. Set aside.
- In the bowl with the pumpkin seeds, add the orange juice and toss to coat. Stir in sugar mixture. Spread in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes, stirring once at the 3 minute mark. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.