- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 24
These won't last long on your holiday table!
- 5 cups flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups cooked and cooled mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger and allspice.
- Cut in shortening until crumbly. Add sweet potatoes and mix well. Add cream and pecans, stirring just until moistened.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to 1-1/2" inches. Cut out biscuits with a floured 2" cutter.
- Space biscuits 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.