- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 2 pies
Looking for a different kind of pie recipe? Well, this sweet potato pie is exactly what you need to wow your dinner guests tonight.
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 small can (just over 1/2 cup) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 premade pie shells, unbaked
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix butter, sweet potatoes, sugar and evaporated milk until well blended. Add vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon and continue to mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pie shells. Bake for about one hour, until set. Top with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.