- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Eat it for breakfast, dessert, or just because. This sweet potato cranbery bread is fantastic and can make a nice gift.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup no-sugar-added canned mashed sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl making a well in center of mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweet potato, eggs, orange juice, and margarine. Add gradually to dry ingredients stirring just until moist. Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkle almonds over batter. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.