- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans can be served any time you need a fabulous side dish.
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Place sweet potatoes on a aluminum lined baking sheet. Prick with fork 2 or 3 times. Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Scoop the sweet potato out of their skins into a medium bowl. Discard skins. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Add the eggs, butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and pepper to taste. Whisk mixture until smooth.
- Butter an 8 inch square baking pan. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the pan and sprinkle top with pecans. Bake until puffed, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.