- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 10-12 servings
Sweet potato biscuits from scratch.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup solid shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slice in the shortening and combine until coarse and crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweet potatoes and milk. Mix into the flour mixture.
- Knead on a floured surface for 10-12 strokes. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a floured biscuit cutter or a small glass to cut out biscuits. Arrange on the prepared sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.