- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy an amazing blend of flavors in this wonderful sweet and savory Jamaican-inspired dish.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 medium tart apple, cored
- 12 ounces lean boneless pork strips for stir-frying
- 3 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- Cook the rice according to package directions and then fold in half of the sliced onion. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the rice is cooking, peel the sweet potato and cut, lengthwise, into quarters and then crosswise into thin slices. Microwave the potato for 4 minutes, covered with plastic wrap, and then set aside.
- Cut the apple into 16 thin slices and set aside.
- Sprinkle the pork strips with the Jamaican seasoning and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and stir-fry for about 2-1/2 minutes. Add the sweet potato and then pour in the apple juice, stirring to combine. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and then simmer for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Divide the rice between 4 individual plates and then spoon over the pork stir-fry mixture. Serve immediately.