- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8
Sweet Potato and Pineapple Casserole has a crunchy topping made with cornflakes and brown sugar.
- 2 , 16 ounce cans sweet potatoes, undrained
- 1, 8 3/4 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Crunchy Topping: 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes until smooth. Add pineapple, nutmeg, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup butter; mix with fork until well combined.
- Turn into a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Make crunchy topping: In a medium bowl, mix sugar with butter. Add cornflakes; toss until flakes are well coated. Sprinkle evenly over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until topping is brown and crisp.