- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 5 dozen cookies
These fun cookies are ideal for serving at summer barbecues or picnics. Consider baking a batch to share with a friend or neighbor.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in pineapple.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.