- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
Sweet Pie Pastry makes 1 deep dish pie and can be filled with apples or cherries.
- 3/4 cup flour, unbleached
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and unsalted
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Mix dry ingredients in a food processor. Cut in the butter with a rapid pulsing in the processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons water. Pulse just until dough gathers into clumps. If dry work in another tablespoon water. Turn the dough out and gather it into a flat round.
- Wrap and chill 30 minutes to 24 hour . Bring the pastry close to room temperature before rolling it out.