- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Sweet pickle relish makes an enjoyable condiment that adds a sweet-vinegary flavor, with a touch of spice, to your favorite sandwiches, hot dogs and hamburgers.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup jalapeño pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped bread-and-butter pickles
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or hot pickled peppadew peppers
- Sea salt
- Place the oil into a saucepan over low heat. Once hot, add the onion and cook for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the jalapeno pepper jelly and the cider vinegar and then bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Cook the mixture for 8 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Add the pickles, peppadews and a pinch of salt to the pan, stir well to combine and then serve.