- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
Serve this moist cake with a hot cup of coffee for a cozy afternoon snack.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream sugar, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Blend flour combination into sugar mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and pears; mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk; blend until smooth.
- Pour glaze over warm cake.