- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread will be quite popular at your next breakfast gathering.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups chopped pears, peeled
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat vegetable oil, vanilla, sugar and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in pears and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.