- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: About 3/4 cup
This vinaigrette does wonders to liven up salads with its sweet and tart taste. Try on roasted corn salads or with mixed bean dishes.
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme chopped
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Peel the onion and finely chop.
- Crush the garlic by pushing down on the garlic with the side of your knife.
- In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil and gently sauté the onions and garlic until soft and golden brown in color; season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and add the sugar to the pan; mix well. Add the vinegar and thyme and stir. Pour the vinaigrette in a glass bottle and cover when cool.